NEW BOOK REVIEWS:
- Ana Minga’s Tobacco Dogs (Perros de tabaco), Tr. by Alexis Levitin Reviewed by Gerry LaFemina
- W.S. Merwin’s The Moon Before Morning Reviewed by Timothy Liu
- Michele Battiste’s Uprising Reviewed by Gerry LaFemina
- Hélène Cardona’s Le Songe de mes Âmes Animales or, Dreaming My Animal Selves Reviewed by Liv Lansdale
- Martha Silano’s Reckless Lovely Reviewed by Michael Klein
- Ted Greenwald and Kit Robinson’s A Mammal of Style Reviewed by Liv Lansdale
- Peter Covino’s The Right Place to Jump Reviewed by Liv Lansdale
- Philip Raisor’s Hoosiers: the Poems Reviewed by Liv Lansdale
- Franz Wright’s F:Poems Reviewed by April Manteris
POETS AT WORK PRESS:
Poets at work announces the launch of Poets at Work Press with its first annual chapbook prize for a manuscript written in English.
POETS AT WORK NEWS:
Read the latest dispatch from Executive Director Gerry LaFemina
|Interview with Poet Elisa Biagini|
|Elisa Biagini lives in Florence, Italy. She has published 6 poetry collections (some biligual) such as “L’Ospite”, (Einaudi, 2004), “Fiato. parole per musica” (2006), “Nel Bosco” (Einaudi, 2007) and her new collection, also by Einaudi, is forthcoming. Her poems have been translated into English, German, Spanish, Portoguese, French, Croatian, Japanese, Slovak, Arabic, Serbian, Chinese and Russian.
|Interview with Poet Valerio Magrelli|
|Valerio Magrelli is a professor of French literature at the University of Cassino and a frequent contributor to the cultural pages of several Italian dailies. He is the author of four prize-winning poetry collections, and his poems have been translated into English, French, Spanish,and a number of other languages. He debuted as an author at age twenty-three with a collection of poems entitled Ora serrata retinae.|
|Interview with Poet Antonella Anedda|
|Antonella Anedda has published poetry, essays and translations (including authors such as Ovid, St. John Perse, Philippe Jaccottet, and Jamie McKendrick). In 2000, she was awarded the Eugenio Montale Prize for her poetry collection Notti di pace occidentale. She teaches at the University of Lugano. Antonella|
|Interview with Poet Milo deAngelis|
|Milo deAngelis lives in his native Milan and teaches in a prison. His books include Biografia sommaria (1999), Tema dell’addio (2005), and Quell’andarsene nel buio dei cortili (2010).